Dear Orphans’ music embraces the simplicity of life while connecting with the human condition.
Featuring the songwriting of Lyn Taylor and Nick Payne set against bluegrass and old-time lineup Dear Orphans’ music weaves stories of love lost, love found, bushrangers, cowboys and road trips.
Nick is currently recording a solo album for release late 2015.
- 18/12/2015 – Timber and Steel: Gareth Hugh Evans’ Top 25 Tracks of 2015
- “I’ve had the pleasure of watching Nick Payne workshopping his convict folk song at jam sessions and festivals over the past 18 months and what he’s managed to capture on tape is pretty bang on what you’ll get live. I love the old time feel of this track and the fine group of musicians he’s managed to amass to accompany him (including many members of his band Dear Orphans) elevate the song to another level. I love the ‘behind the music’ style of the video as well – very nice.”
- 13/04/2015 – Spreading The Seed: #Q&A with Songwriter Nick Payne
- “That was the moment where I gave myself permission to like country music and from there I followed all the influences I could down the line all the way back to Hank Williams and Ralph Stanley. The rest is history – as they say.”
- 27/11/2014 – Unpaved: Interview and new music, Nick Payne on Old Sydney Town
- “I’m pretty passionate about our country and folk who can capture it’s essence in song. I get inspired to write by a sense of place and time. I often find myself visiting places in Australia and wondering, ‘what would life have been like’ for someone who lived there. I like to soak myself in the history, but then imagine it from a totally ordinary person’s point of view.”
- 25/03/2008 – Jolene: The Country Music Blog
- “Ultimately, though, what made this show special was the band’s connection to their songs and to the audience.”
High-resolution, print-ready photos. Right-click and select “Save as…” to download.
High-resolution, album artwork. Right-click and select “Save as…” to download.
The second single from Nick’s upcoming solo album — Rising River — is currently being played on radio.
The first single from Nick’s upcoming solo album – Old Sydney Town.
Rain is the first song ever recorded by Dear Orphans and features Lyn Taylor on lead vocals.
- 12/09/2016 – New Music: Nick Payne “White Line Fever”
- 17/05/2016 – New Music: Nick Payne “Rising River”
- 5/05/2015 – Nick Payne solo project update
- 9/04/2015 – New Music: Nick Payne “Old Sydney Town”
Email MANAGEMENT at DEARORPHANS.com